Products Travel Insurance
This covers main risks that are associated with travelling.
The following benefits will be provided when the insured is travelling outside Kenya for up to a maximum of 92 consecutive days:
Section A: Personal Assistance
- Medical expenses and hospitalization abroad.
- Transport and repatriation in the event of illness or accident sustained by the insured during the course of a trip.
- Emergency dental care.
- Repatriation of the immediate family member travelling with the insured
- Repatriation of mortal remains.
- Travel of one immediate family member.
- Emergency return home following the death of a close family member.
- Delivery of medicines.
- Relay of urgent messages.
- Advance of bail bond.
- Advance of money.
- Loss of passport, driving license and national ID abroad.
- Legal defense.
Section B: Coverage for Baggage
- Compensation for in- flight loss of baggage checked in.
- Compensation for delay in the arrival of luggage.
- Location and forwarding of baggage and personal effects
Section C: Delayed Departure
When departure of the means of public transport contracted by the insured for travelling is delayed by at least 6 hours, the insurer subject to presentation of the corresponding original invoices shall reimburse any additional expenses incurred (transport, hotel accommodation and meals) due to the said delay.