Products Work Injury Benefits
This covers all employees against bodily injury by accident or disease arising out of or in the course of employment by the insured in connection with the insured’s garden, stable, motor cars etc. while in the insured’s premises.
This policy provides compensation to employees where:-
- An employee sustains injury in the course of their employment.
- The incident must be accidental.
- The result must be death or injury or illness of the employee.
- The employee must be under a contract of service or apprenticeship
- There must be an incapacitation for a consecutive 3 days.
All accidents and incidents, however trivial must be reported to the company. The following documentation should be submitted:
- Duly completed Dosh form part I & II - It is advisable to complete three forms (Copies for Insurance, DOSH office and OSH office).
- Copy of the current wage-roll for casuals/Pay slips of 3 months prior to the accident for the permanent staff.
- Copy of the injured employee appointment letter for permanent staff.
- Sick off sheets by the attending doctor(s).
- Original Medical bills/Receipts.
- Claimant statement and witness statements( where possible).
- Police abstract for road traffic accidents.
- Postmortem report incase of death claim.
- Burial permit.
- Original death Certificate for Verification and return.
- Identification Card of the claimant.
- Award from the Labour Office(DOSH WIBA 4).
- All WIBA claims are paid less Kshs. 5,000 excess.